Sunday, March 15, 2009

Non-Sick Streak....OVER!

Actually it is just allergies, and if I had not been up all night I would not consider that sick.

When we went to Arkansas last weekend, Andrew's allergies went crazy. I am talking the red puffy eyes, never-ending runny nose, cough, etc. They have gotten worse all week. We have tried Zyrtec, Benadryl and Claritin for the allergies and Delsym for the cough. Claritin has worked the best (but not great), but the Delsym is doing nothing for the cough.

Now he is also pulling on his ears.

Last night, after listening to him over the monitor coughing, gagging and crying, I got up with him. I went and sat in Mady's room in the big rocking chair hoping him being UP would help with the cough. That was at 11. At 2 he finally stopped coughing. He, however, will not sleep if he is sitting up!

After sitting in the dark for several hours with him in the chair, I thought maybe if I went and laid on the couch with him - with him sitting up - he would go to sleep. Come to find out, the living room looks much different at night! There are glowing lights on the Wii and DVR, the coffee pot in the kitchen glows and can be seen in the living room. There is also no fan noise so he heard everytime the cat meowed or ran through or someone got up. Just too much middle-of-the-night excitement to sleep!

He did not start settling down for sleep until 4:30 this morning. By that time, I was so uncomfortable and in so much pain, I couldn't sleep. He finally fell asleep somewhere between 5 and 5:30 and he was out! I was able to sit him back up several times without him moving.

At 7, for some reason, instead of just opening his door, Bryce had to pound on it like Andrew does in the mornings (Andrew CANNOT open the doors - he has an excuse). This, of course, woke up Andrew. I went and put Andrew in my bed and he went right to sleep for a few more minutes, but it was just too crazy with kids running around slamming doors, etc.

He is fully charged and energetic.....although I don't know how. I am VERY crabby and exhausted and hurting. SO, while he helps Daddy rotate his tires, I am going back to bed! I don't know that I will actually get to sleep, but it is worth a try?

No comments: