Monday, March 30, 2009

Big Family

I was just reading a friends blog and she had a post about something that Paul and I were talking about last night (and frequently). She has seven kids between her and her husband and was talking about the comments she receives when she goes out with them all.

We always get comments. I don't know if it is the four kids or the fact they are four boys, but we defienently get attention. Lately, the comments all end with "is this one at least going to be a girl." It does not matter where we are we always get that question several times.

Yesterday, we were at Home Depot. I was walking behind Paul and all the kids and Paul was pushing AJ in the buggy. The man could only see Paul and they older three and asked if we were having number four. I said no, there was one in the buggy and this was number 5. His response surprised me. He says "I am proud of y'all." Then he started telling me how many kids, grandkids and great-grandkids he has. He was very nice, but we get such a range of reactions from people. Friday night, we went to a Mexican restaraunt for dinner. Our kids are usually very well behaved when we eat out, and they were Friday. Before we even got to our table there was a couple and there ONE child sitting at a table. They were enjoying their margaritas. They could not even wait until we had walked past them to start making rude comments to each other like "Oh my gosh, look at how many kids they have....and they are having MORE," and staring at us. They got up and left before we even got settled in. I guess the mere size of the family scared them off.

No comments: