Monday, March 02, 2009

FINALLY!!

Among the many things we have NOT done since we moved into our house six months ago, was visit the library. I know, I know, but my lack of energy and busyness with various house projects, etc., it is just something we have not taken the time to do.

This morning, while I was out running errands, I decided to check it out. I want the boys to be familiar with it before this summer because they all love to read and can be involved with the library kids programs.

Sadly, Andrew is the first of all of the boys to get a library card here. I wasn't going to get him one since he can't keep up with his own (the older three will be responsible for their own), but the librarian told me I should because the kids cards do not accrue fines. CHANGE MY MIND QUICK!! They are only allowed to check out books from the kids section, but I don't forsee AJ looking for books on making rockets anytime soon (Caleb might be another story).

The older boys can check out research books for school assignments on their cards, but that is the only exception.

Each card can have FIFTY things checked out at one time. We won't tell the kids that!! Can you imagine, I would need a Uhaul to get it all home!!!

I am going to try to start taking Andrew to story time on Wednesday mornings. He needs to get around other kids his age. It is right around his naptime, so we will try and see how it goes.

The boys will be excited to learn that they will get to go get their own cards and start visiting the library. :)

No comments: