Monday, March 09, 2009

Conversations with Boys

On the way home last night, I commented that I had a baby pushing on my bladder (my hint to Daddy that a potty break was looming). Bryce heard me and says "Daddy, Mommy is talking potty talk!" This started a whole long WRONG conversation of potty talk between too many boys.

We went from talking about a bladder to poopoo splatter (which is a joke in this house because we went and ate chinese food a long time ago with my parents. They ordered the Poo Poo Platter. The boys, of course, hear and start giggling. The next time we went, without my parents, we sat down and Isaac LOUDLY asked if we could order a PooPoo Splatter.). You can see where this conversation is headed....

I finally start getting that conversation ended and calmed down and Caleb asked who wanted to smell his fart. Everyone says no, except Bryce who said he wanted to. I am waiting for Caleb to do IT in Bryce's face anytime now. I guess it will teach him.

See how fun traveling with boys is. Oh wait, this is not just traveling talk. This is everyday stuff with a house of boys! You just throw in lots of "how much further" and "I need to potty" comments and THAT makes it traveling fun!

Paul is just like my Dad though. Paul told the boys we would stop for dinner in 45 minutes. About 20 minutes later someone asks when we would eat he said in 45 MILES. They asked several more times in that 45 miles and Daddy always said "in 45 minutes". My Dad was always great at doing things like that. And, when backpacking if we asked how much further we had to hike he ALWAYS answered "just around the curve". Eventually we learned he would never say WHICH curve!!

No comments: