Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Guard Dog

We have a brown lab that is running around our neighborhood. Yesterday when Paul and our neighbor were out doing yardwork the dog was staying underneath them annoying them. It gets all up in our flowerbeds and stays close to the fence all the time.

Paul tried spraying it with water yesterday, it didnt care. We did find a way to scare it off, though. Accidently.

We were outside yesterday afternoon cleaning some stuff up. Trip (our cocker spaniel) was out with us. Trip starts going crazy, so I go over to the driveway to see what is going on. Trip can fit his head and about half his shoulders through the slats on the fence. He had the other dog by the neck. He does not normally attack like that, but has proven himself to be a guard dog many times. I called him and he let go and came to me and the other dog ran away.

I let Trip out this morning and heard him barking. I went and looked out the window and the dog was across the street. It looked at Trip and took off down the street.

Today is trash day. Maybe I should leave Trip outside to keep the dog scared away from our trash. :)

No comments: