Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cleaning

We are making the boys take a much more active part in housework. They have always had things they have had to do when things get crazy, but we have never enforced it daily or weekly. Things are changing.

One thing they all have to do is clean off their dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Bryce needs a little help - he can't reach the faucet. Other than that they are on their own with it.

This morning, Caleb left his plate and cup in the sink. I told him he needed to take care of it. He tried to tell me he just didn't have time to clean the dishes (like I asked him to do everyones dinner dishes or something).

I just smiled at him and told him my mornings just got crazy busy and I didn't think I had time to fix him breakfast anymore.

He did not say a word. He went to the kitchen and put the ONE plate and ONE cup in the dishwasher. He STILL had time to stand and wait on his bus to get here.

No comments: