Sunday, February 15, 2009

Potty Training....Round Four

We have been back and forth about whether to start potty training with AJ or wait until after the baby comes (he isn't even two yet). But, between the constant taking his diaper off and then today during naptime he got up and peed in the back of a toy truck (I think he was sitting on the truck and peed), I decided we would go ahead and start tackling it. Other than a drs appt on Tuesday, I don't have too much going on this week so we will spend most of the time at home.

We have been working on it for about two hours, he VERY quickly figured out that pee = reward. Mr. Smarty-Pants decided that he would pee ONE LITTLE DROP and expect a reward. I fell for it the first couple of times, because I wanted him to connect the two, but we quickly stopped that.

He stands up and claps everytime he dribbles any. He has had one small accident and immediately ran to the potty, other than that he has done a great job.

His reward started off being cherry heart candy, but they are big and chewy and were coming way too quick. So, I found some banana flavored bee cookies that are really small and are working well. We wills ee how quickly he gets bored with the reward and actual pottying. Hopefully he hates diapers enough that he will get it easily.

1 comment:

Jordan Malone said...

Hey Meaghan! Had no idea this was YOUR blog! Haha! I'll be 'following' from now on! Sorry I've been a snob! I really am just not all there, you probably understand that with FOUR boys to keep up with huh? When's the baby girl expected? Names? So happy for you!