Sunday, February 01, 2009

Contractions

It is very hard here to accept it is winter when we have more warm days than cold ones. Yesterday and today are in the 70's and I have Spring Fever. I am ready to start planting and taking care of flowerbeds!

Yesterday, I went and worked outside, much to my husbands dismay! He had planned on working out there already and I was going to go out there for "moral support". I am so tired of not having any energy and not doing anything, that I started working. We have an island flower bed (the guy that lived here before put flowerbeds EVERYWHERE) that is the dogs area and next to their house. We have been wanting to pull up everything but the two trees and do away with the flowerbed. It is a pain to mow around all the beds!

I decided that I was going to start by pulling up all the cannas and elephant ears that have been there for YEARS. The roots were deep and did not want to move. So, I started using a hoe to break up the bulbs and sweet potatoes (the guy used sweet potatoes as ground cover in all of his beds).

We got all of the big island bed up, and a small island bed that had a couple of rose bushes in it. The end result was a feeling of getting a lot accomplished yesterday, and....Braxton-Hicks contractions all evening and a few this morning.

Paul won't allow me to do anything now. I will be stuck with spring fever and baby fever at the same time. That is better than a really early baby arrival, but I WANT MY ENERGY BACK!!

11 more weeks....

No comments: