Sunday, February 22, 2009

EIGHT MORE WEEKS!!!

Yes, the countdown has begun (truthfully, it has been going on all along). Eight more weeks (or less) until the baby. I went Friday and finished getting everything we should need for a while as far as the baby goes. I tried to even remember things that Daddy has always had to run out and buy right after we get home with the baby.

I posted the other day all the "symptoms" I was having at this point in the pregnancy. I forgot a big one. I am HOT ALL THE TIME. It does not matter what the temperature in the house is, I am burning up. I cannot sleep with blankets at night and I still wake up hot. You might be saying that is normal, but for me it isn't. With all four boys I was always cold. It could be 80 and I would be under blankets.

I was not going to get a double stroller. We were hoping that we would not have to get one, but Andrew is just too two! I hate double strollers because they are so big! Instead of a typical double stroller, I found one that has the regular seat in the front, that will take and infant car seat and the back has a seat and a place to stand. The seat is like a bench seat, but it has a safety belt. If he wants to stand he can, it has bars for him to hold onto and a belt that goes across the back to keep him from falling out. I chose this one because I compared the length of this one to the length of all the other double strollers and it is quite a bit shorter. Also, without the second normal seat it folds to the size of a regular stroller.

I put it together today to see how Andrew would do with this different type of stroller. I put the baby seat on the front and showed him how he could sit or stand and ride. He kept trying to crawl over the back of the front seat and into the carseat. He likes the standing part, not to keen on the sitting with the belt on, though. We will have to "practice" with it.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have the sit and stand Meaghan and I love it. We still use it with Seth and Tate all the time. Sometimes I still use my single stroller when we aren't going far (like walking down the street, Tate rides his bike or something) but when we go to the zoo or somewhere I know Tate will want to rest and just sit I bring that. I love how compact it is. You will love it too.

Unknown said...

I think you don't like double strollers as they are very big in size and cannot be portable everywhere. I recently bought Hauck speed sun stroller for my son which is very easy to handle and comfortable. I suggest you to have Hauck Tandem stroller instead of double stroller as they consume less space and easily portable everywhere.