Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Alarm Clock in Boys Rooms

As I previously said I was going to do, I got alarm clocks for the boys bedrooms last weekend. I had two boys that had decided to have a race to see who could be up first and they were getting up before Daddy left for work or right after he left (so between 5:30 and 5:45). This was my ONLY quiet, alone time I get and I NEED it!! On top of that, they had too much extra time to fight in the mornings and were cranky at night from being tired.

I set up the alarm clocks and told the boys they could not get out of bed until 7:00. The first morning went pretty well other than Bryce changed the time on his clock and got up, but it was about 6:45. Every morning until this morning they have made it until 7. Andrew is sleeping later (imagine that)! This morning Caleb did not wait until 7. He got up around 6:30 and got in the shower. That would be fine, except when he gets out he has to start antagonizing his brother which makes him scream. So, Bryce AND Andrew were actually sleeping and Caleb came out of the bathroom (right outside their bedroom door) making annoying noises and dancing. Needless to say, he woke them up...BUT THEY STAYED IN THEIR ROOM UNTIL 7!!!!

Caleb said that him getting up at 7 does not give him enough time to get ready for school. Yet, he still had time to mess with his brothers, work on homework (hmmmm???), eat breakfast and stand around for 30 minutes.

I am afraid I will have to stick to my guns on this one. If I can't get away, I at least need some time for me!!

No comments: