Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting Andrew Ready for Baby

I wish I knew exactly how much of the baby Andrew understands. He is so sweet the way he loves on my belly and plays on it. He pulls up my shirt and lays his head on my belly, patting it, kissing it and saying different variances of "Mady" (Maudy, Mauny, etc). It is so cute.

Yesterday he had been carrying around a certain car all day. He came up to me and pulled up my shirt. He kissed my belly and said "Maudy car", then he put my shirt down and left the car. When I tried to give it to him, thinking he forgot it, he said "NO, MAUDYS" and put it back.

It might look strange me walking around with a car in my shirt all the time!

I am really trying to explain things to him when I am taking care of her stuff. I have been nesting the last few days, since we went and got the rest of her stuff Friday. When I am washing sheets, clothes, etc or putting together her swing or stroller, we talk about Mady and how she will be a baby sister and coming home soon, etc. She has a pink teddy bear that makes womb sounds that he likes to carry around. I try to keep it away from him because I don't want him to think it is his, but I might have to go get him one of his own! He seems to like the sounds it makes. When we are out and he sees babies he gets excited and talks and points. I also take those times to explain that that is what Mady will be like in a couple of months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, this baby girl will NOT be spoiled at all!!! She's already been given a car by her brother. Can't wait to see what she gets next! It really is neat that the boys are showing such interest in Mady. Hope the will be as understanding when she starts calling then "my boys". Love you all, Ma/G-ma