Thursday, February 26, 2009

Field Trips

I sure wish I could go on the field trips the boys are going on! Unfortunately, they frown upon siblings going anymore. :(

Isaac is taking his awesome field trip to a wildlife refuge the end of April. He gets to ride on a chartered bus with a tvs and bathrooms. Believe me, the parents are paying for it. It has to be the most expensive field trip I have ever paid for!

Bryce brought home a permission slip today to go to a wildlife refuge the beginning of March. They will get to cane pole fish, see different sizes of alligators, learn water safety, etc (yep....it IS Louisiana) and then enjoy a bbq lunch.

It is frustrating to be a stay-at-home mom and not be able to go. Among the MANY reasons we chose for me to stay home was so that I could do things like this with the kids. The schools make it difficult for parents like me that want to be involved because they want us there all the time, but never with siblings. I don't have the luxury of having someone to send my younger child to while I am doing things like this! It is getting hard to even be able to go to their parties and class "stuff".

No comments: