Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another Day of DMV and Passport

I had to go spend another hour at the DMV this morning. Yesterday afternoon I noticed that they put the wrong birthdate on my drivers license. They had my birth certificate and my Arkansas drivers license and got my birthdate wrong. It was only a day off, but....

That is all taken care of now. I went to get my passport after that. Last night it dawned on me that Mady might need a passport too. I did some research and sure enough, she does. When I went today and got mine, I asked the lady about Mady's. I told her the baby would be here the end of April and our trip was the end of May and what the best way to get a passport for the baby in time for the trip would be. She kind of looked at me funny and then said she didn't know if I could get one in time. She said we didn't know when the baby would be here. I told her again, April 20th. She says "there are no guarantees when your baby will come, it could be May." I said the baby would be here NO LATER than April 20th because if she did not come on her own before then, they would make her come. Glad the stranger knows more about my pregnancy than I do!!!

So, I can pay an extra $60 and have her passport expedited. She told me I didn't really need too, because they are only taking about 2 weeks for applicants to receive them. However, the govt says to allow like 10-12 weeks. Not sure I want to take a gamble on receiving it on time.

It really makes no sense to me. Her passport will be good for five years. A one week old and a five year old are not going to look much alike. Her height and weight will be different. Knowing our kids, by five her hair color is probably going to be different (assuming she has hair at one week).

No comments: