Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Clean Bedroom!

I think I just taught the boys a valuable lesson. Never cross your nesting mother!

After everything we went through yesterday with them misbehaving and fighting, you would think they would have gotten up and been good. I guess they really LOVE their room?

After a lecture about team work and getting their room cleaned up, they finally cleaned their room...kinda. They did their typical throwing stuff in corners and closets and drawers.

Mom took care of that though. They have a closet built into their bunk bed (behind the desk). It is the length of the bed and probably two feet wide. That is one of their prime "cleaning" spots. As in, that is where they throw everything when they are told to clean.

I went and pulled EVERYTHING out of that closet. Then I went to put something in their closet and saw that, although they said it was clean, it was far from it. Pulled EVERYTHING out of there. Then I figured "why stop there?"

By the time I was done, I had pulled everything but their clean clothes out of every nook and cranny in the room and sat there while they cleaned - FOR REAL. I turned around at one point and Caleb quickly closed a drawer. I went and opened it to find that he had put all the toys I had taken OUT of the drawer back in it. Let's just say, I don't think he will try that again.

Caleb is now out pulling weeds so some flowers can be planted in the flowerbed.

If the only way they can behave is to be busy, I can keep them busy. Unfortunately for them, I am nesting AND have spring fever. Good luck boys!

No comments: