Friday, April 06, 2007

Some Relieve At Last!!

Last night we spent $40 on a wash called Zantel - that is for poison ivy. I was DESPERATE!! The stuff claims that if you use it, it will wash away the oils from your skin. It also says that if you have severe poison ivy, you may have to use it several times. The stuff helped for a couple of hours - no itching. I used it twice last night and once this morning. Unfortunately, you only get an ounce for $40 and it does not go far when you have poison ivy as bad as I have it.

I did not get much sleep last night. I kept waking up - scratching. Finally, about 5 am I got up and took a shower and stayed up. At a reasonable hour, I called my dr to beg for some relief. I ended up having to go to the hospital today to see a dermatologist (my ob made an appt for me). He looked at the poison ivy, asked how far along I was and said I must be COMPLETELY miserable!

I ended up getting a shot in the rumpous and send home with some topical cream. I wish I could take the nurse that gave me the shot with me to labor and delivery because as Paul was telling me my butt would hurt after the shot - she was saying she was done. I never felt it!!

The shot worked pretty quick! I have had a few spouts of bad itching, but it is much easier to handle than previously. Apparantly I had a "systematic reaction " which means it was in my blood stream so I was still breaking out from it. The dr was pretty shocked by how severe it was - and that it was mainly focused on my huge belly!

The cream takes a little longer to dry than I like, but it is helping so I will take it!!

No comments: