Monday, April 09, 2007

38 Week Check-up

And, the last! I went for my 38 week check-up today. The dr was very concerned because of the poison ivy. Not only is he concerned about the fact that it is still spreading - he is most concerned with the fact that I am bruising. He asked if I was scratching with a wooden spoon or something. I said no, that when I scratch it is lightly with my nails and usually over my clothes. He then examined every bruise I have and questioned where I got it and how long I have had it.

I half-jokingly told him he could induce me - and he said "I have never induced because of contact dermatitis, but I think we may have too." After a few minutes of staring at the rash in wonder, he pulled out his cellphone and personally made the appointment to be induced. He asked how soon they could get me in and the hospital said Wednesday, so Wednesday at 7:45 am, we go to the hospital to be induced.

I asked the dr if I was the first pregnant person he had with poison ivy and he said no, but he has never seen ANYONE bruise from it. He is sending me back to the dermatologist tomorrow. He wants me on a more aggressive treatment. I don't know that I will be able to start this treatment before I have Andrew, but I will definently be able to right after I have him!

Assuming that it does not take ALL day for me to get induced and deliver, Andrew's birthday will be April 11, 5 days before Daddy's!

No comments: