Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Caleb's Parent Teacher Conference

Caleb's school is having parent teacher conferences Friday. Obviously, I will not be there. I sent a letter to his teacher that I was being induced tomorrow and could not be there, but that we could reschedule or she could send me the info through email.

She called today, and asked if we could do it over the phone. I told her that would be fine. She said that he has straight A's (which we just got his report card - so we knew that). The last STAR test (a reading test) he took showed that he is reading at almost a 5th grade level (he is in 2nd grade). She told me that she was very impressed because he reads a lot of non fiction (Yes - he is an encyclopedia of knowledge - some useful some not!!).

She also said that she put his name in for gifted and talanted and that we should be getting a permission slip to have him tested around the end of the month.

Other than that, she just wished us luck and congratulations. She also talked about how great Caleb was and how much she LOVED having him in her class and how intelligent he was.

No comments: