Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New Brother

Paul called the boys first Wednesday to let them know their brother had FINALLY arrived. They had all been anxiously awaiting his arrival. Since Andrew decided to make his arrival an all day affair, it was late and Bryce had already gone to bed, but he talked to the other two and then Bryce the next morning.

Here were the first responses from the boys:
Caleb: "What was he wearing when he came out?" After several minutes of discussing that he came out wearing nothing, Caleb says "Is he wearing his birthday clothes?" I guess he has heard of a birthday suit!

Isaac: "Did Mama get her baby?"

Bryce: "The babies out!!"

They did not come to the hospital until Friday morning. I wanted to get them coming into the room for the first time on video, but unfortunately my nurse was discharging me when they got there. I did get some video of them really meeting him for the first time though. I have to get a cable to get the video from my camera to the computer, and then I will post it.

It was so nice to see them all so excited. They have all been fighting over who gets to hold him and who has been holding him for how long. Everyone wants to help - although Caleb learned VERY quick that if a diaper is being changed he does not want to be around. Daddy asked him to throw away a dirty diaper ONE time and now if he sees a diaper being changed he quietly turns and leaves the room!

Isaac always wants to put the pacifier in his mouth. Other than that - he is content to just sit next to him and stare at him or to hold him. When people ask him what he thinks of his new brother he always answers with a big smile and "Good!"

Bryce. I am impressed! I had gotten to where the last couple of weeks I was really wondering how he was going to take having a little brother. I think he has been the most excited! When he sees Andrew, his face just lights up and he gets a huge smile. He always calls him "Baby Andrew". He can not leave Andrew for school or anything else without giving him a big kiss!

They all get up in the morning and go directly to give him kisses. When we take them to school or see someone we have not seen since we had him the first thing all of them say is "I have a new brother now."

I know it will not always be like this, so I am just going to take what I can get and enjoy it while I can!!

No comments: