Sunday, April 01, 2007

Night Owl

The last several nights, Caleb has been waking up in the middle of the night. Instead of trying to go back to sleep, he turns on the tv in his room. We found this out because yesterday morning while we were running errands, Caleb could not stay awake. Everytime we got in the car he would fall asleep.

I asked him why he was so tired and he said he got up at 4 am and watched Bill Nye The Science Guy, but stayed up all morning. Last night, when I was sleeping in Andrew's room, I kept hearing voices at around 3:15. I finally got up to see what was going on (thinking it was outside) and looked out in the hall and saw light coming from under Caleb's door.

We have been having problems with him and the tv and not doing what he was suppose to do since he got his own room. I kept threatening to take the tv out, but haven't. Last night, at 3:45 (less than 10 minutes after I went in and turned it off and unplugged the tv) I heard him plugging it back in. I waited to see if he was going to turn it on again, and he did. I guess he figured I had gone back into my room so it was safe. So, at 3:45am, I was moving a tv out of his room (I know I am not suppose to lift it, but you gotta do what you gotta do!).

It is one thing for him to not mind during the day about the tv, but there is no reason an 8 year old needs to be getting up in the middle of the night to watch tv. He says he does it because he can't get back to sleep, yet he was back to sleep in no time after I took the tv out. He obviously wasn't giving himself a chance to go back to sleep!

No comments: