Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sitting

This morning Andrew FINALLY figured out how to sit up, by himself. He has been trying for a while now - just hadn't figured out how to get his hand up. He still does not do it much, but he has done it a couple of times today. He was doing it when I put him down (I don't know why I EVER lay him down thinking he will put himself to sleep because he just plays!) for nap and so far has only done it in bed.

He did it when I put him down a few minutes ago. He also got his first "mobile" injury. He was sitting, playing with his piano hanging on his bed. He fell over. His bumper is not stiff enough to stay up, so basically it is pointless, so I do not have it in the crib. He has already gotten his hand intertwined in a couple of bars (not sure how he managed that) a couple of times. Now he has a scrape on his head and a line bruise on the side of his head, with a knot, where he hit the bars.

I guess I am going to have to find a new bumper or something. I really hate to spend the money on one because he will not need one for much longer! Not sure what to do!

No comments: