Saturday, October 06, 2007

Kings Bluff

Today we went hiking. We have not done much of that this year, with the new house and baby and all!! We went to Kings Bluff which was an almost 2 hour drive. The leaves are starting to think about changing up there, but haven't quite done it!!

We have not been here before, Paul just found it last night online while looking for somewhere to go. It was AWESOME!! I am glad we went.

I carried AJ in his Lazyboy (that is what I call it now, and when you see most of the pictures he is in, you will see why!). Usually Paul does this, but with our new better carrier, I thought I would do it this time! He loves being in it, but then who wouldn't!!

This place was really pretty. There is supposed to be a waterfall, but there was a water trickle in its place. They obviously need rain!! It was neat to walk the river bed though and see where the waterfall should be. There were lots of caves under where we were, and it is kind of eerie to walk past spots and turn around and see how thin the rock you were standing on was and how far of a drop it was. THere were also places where there were cracks between rocks we were walking on and you would look between them and see ground WAY DOWN BELOW!

Mama Bear was pretty paranoid - especially in the photo where Paul insisted that we stand too close (for my comfort with four boys anyway) to the edge for a picture with a few behind it!! It is kind of nerve racking to be walking that close to a drop off with all of the boys. There were "handrails" in some spots but if they fell, they would have slid right under it! It would help if Mama Bears cubs were a little better on their feet and paid attention a little better. It would also help if oldest cub did not have the attitude he did!! I kept telling them if they went over the edge it would be the end of them. Caleb kept saying "I would land on my feet - I always land on my feet so I am not scared!" I calmly reminded him that no one ever MEANS to fall off a cliff (I know some people do, but he is 8!) and that he is not a cat and he won't ALWAYS land on his feet - and even if he did - it would still probably kill him! When we took the picture at the edge of a cliff, though, he said he was starting to get a little scared and leaned forward the entire time (you can also see my death grip on kids!!).

Enjoy the photos!!

No comments: