Monday, October 29, 2007

EXCUSE ME!!?? (Bumbo recall)

I was at Target this morning and decided to ask about the Bumbo seat recall. From what I had read, it sounded like you could just call and ask for a warning sticker to put on it. The lady at Target, however, said that you could bring it back and get your money back on it.

I decided that since Andrew can't use it anymore anyway, I was going to take it back. So I came home and got it and a while later took it back up there.

I got so mad!! I took it up there and they called a manager over to do the recall. The two of them (customer service manager and cashier) proceeded to lecture me about how if I was a responsible parent, I would not feel as though I had to return it because I would not be leaving my child unattended in it. If it is on recall, I should not have to justify my decision to return the product AT ALL, regardless of what it is or why I no longer want it.

After the csm was done criticizing my parenting skills, although she had never met me before, and she walked away, the cashier continued criticizing me. "I NEVER returned anything that was recalled when my kids were small. Not even stuff with lead paint. They get into far worse stuff than that!"

Then she gave me a gift card - which for recalls you are supposed to get cash! I just took it and left before I said something I regretted!

UM, EXCUSE ME BUT WHO IS THE IRRESPONSIBLE PARENT?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I can't believe that. Apparently the csm and cashier must have been eating their children's lead toys because they are clearly brain damaged. You know you're a wonderful mom and that's all that matters. Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I would contact the district office and report the very bad customer service you received at Target. The store should pay closer attention to the products they sell...making sure they don't sell potentially harmful items. You might also point out the number of family members the bad service affects...now I won't be shopping Target or Wal-mart for my 13 grandchildren's Christmas presents...not to mention their parents!! Love you, sorry you had to put up with the bad attitudes. This just makes me angry.
Love Mom