Saturday, October 06, 2007

I FORGOT the funny story!!

When we were leaving Falling Water Falls, going down the dirt road (you can see it in the pics of the church) we saw a couple ahead of us in the distance walking. We were in the middle of nowhere...in Arkansas... If you have heard the rumors about Arkansas - well in some parts of the state they are true!!

So, I jokingly tell Paul he should put the windows up and we should duck, just in case. Little did I know...

We get closer and I see their dog hunch down, so I knew he was going to chase us. It was just a little terrier dog. As we go to pass the couple, Paul sticks his hand out and waves and says hi. The old woman was screaming something we did not really hear, but the old man raises his arms in the air and then throws them down at us while screaming "stop that".

It took us a minute to realize they were yelling at the dog!! We ARE in Arkansas - in the middle of nowhereville!!!

BTW - the dog kept chasing us! As we looked behind us we could see the old couple standing there, hands on hips, waiting for their dog to give up and come back home. He finally did - I guess when we were out of HIS territory!!

No comments: