Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just Some Funnies From This Weekend

Oh, so many stories...let's see if I can remember them all and credit the correct comment with the correct child.


While we were standing in the West End waiting on the bus/train/whatever we were supposed to be on, there was a group of people standing a little ways from us. They were far enough away that that we could not hear them talking amongst themselves. One of the "girls" (she was wearing jeans, a girlie shirt/jacket and some big, white, plastic star earrings) started yelling at someone, but she had a very deep "he" voice.

Caleb (loudly) says "That is a boy? I thought it was a girl!" I snapped him with the back of my hand and told him to be quiet. He started saying something else and I put my hand on his mouth and told him not to speak again before he got us shot! I told him we would discuss it later.


After the show we were walking to get the train back. There was a train sitting there already and the comment was made that we needed to hurry or we would miss the train. Bryce yells NOOOOO and starts hightailing it to the train. It wasn't our train, but it was funny that Bryce remembered having to walk to the AA center and DID NOT want to do that again!

On the way home from Texas the boys were out for the first half of the trip. We stopped half way to refuel the car and ourselves. Conversation got interesting after that! I don't even remember how we got on the conversation of haunted houses, but we did. Bryce was interchanging words and kept talking about hunters living in haunted houses and haunteds living in hunters houses, etc... I can't imagine why I can't remember the conversation - I am still confused!!

Then Paul and I saw a dead deer on the side of the road. Bryce was complaining that he was still hungry. I asked him if he wanted some roadkill to eat. He asked what roadkill was. I explained that sometimes animals are in the road and drivers don't see them and hit them and they die. I ask him again if he wanted some roadkill to eat expecting him to be really grossed out. Instead he says "umm, what kind of animal is it?"

I guess if I had said the right animal, he would have agreed to eat it!!

Never a dull moment in a house full of boys....but PLENTY of gross, nasty ones!!!
Roadkill

No comments: