Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trick or Treat

Our town has homecoming tomorrow so the city council decided to change Halloween to today. I am sure there will be plenty of people still out tomorrow too - but oh well. Here they have hours for trick or treating, and many parishes have age limits.

So, Daddy was home this year!!! YAY!!!!!! It has been years (literally) since he has been home on Halloween. I was nice and instead of making him take the kids by himself, I went with them. They did good. Andrew even did fairly well. He did exactly what I expected. He was unsure of what was going on, until the first candy was put in his bucket. After every house, he had to stick his head in his bucket and look. We frequently found candy (wrapper and all) in his mouth. But, he enjoyed running up to every house, trying to GIVE his candy or take candy out of the homeowners mouth.

I did not take ANY pictures. I know....I can't believe it either. Tomorrow they will be putting the costumes back on so I can get pictures of them. It was just too crazy and AJ had a blowout so we had to quickly get his off....

Pictures to come soon.

But, I will tell you what everyone ended up being:
Caleb was an astronaut
Isaac was a policeman
Bryce was his trashcan (from last year)
Andrew was a monkey (of course)

After we got back home we put our bowl of candy on the porch and left it. We sat out there for a bit and then went in to get kids ready for school and bed. All the kids were doing good only taking a few pieces of candy. There was still about half a bowl (I am talking the BIG Halloween candy bowls) of candy on the porch. Then we hear lots of commotion and laughing. We were in the kitchen and I told Paul it sounded like the candy was gone. About that time we hear a VERY loud "TRICK OR TREAT". I looked out the door and the candy was all gone (except one sucker that was dropped). On the porch sat an empty bowl and a MASK. I went to get the camera because I thought it was pretty funny that they took all the candy and forgot their mask. When I opened the door, the mask was gone.

It sucks that all the kids were doing so good, but there always has to be THAT kid that has no limits and ruins it for everyone!

No comments: