Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Think He is Getting It!!!

I know, like I don't have enough kids talking. But, I am really ready for Andrew to start using some words. He gets very frustrated when we don't do what he is wanting or give him what he wants. He just goes into meltdown mode.

I think part of why he gets so frustrated is because he understands SO much. We can tell him to do just about anything and he will do it. If it is something he is unsure of, we usually only have to show him once or twice nad he gets it from that point on.

Hopefully he is getting it now. Before now, everything was "DA". Not necessarily as in Daddy though. But, yesterday - as I previously posted - he was blowing kisses and saying Daddy. Today, everytime he saw Daddy's Jeep he said "Daddy" and pointed to the Jeep. The whole way into Baton Rouge he was blowing kisses and saying Daddy. He came running into my room this morning to Daddy's side of the bed and said "DADDY" But there was no Daddy (can you tell he is a Daddy's boy?).

We work on it a lot. I say words all day as we do our day to day stuff. One we have worked on a lot is "hot" (he likes to hang on the oven door - argh). The last week or so he has started saying "ho" when he is eating hot food.

I need him to be able to TELL me what he needs before new baby arrives. Not sure how well I will handle sleepless nights and frustrated toddlers! Okay, lets get real here - even if he talks I will have to deal with sleepless nights and frustrated toddler. But it sure will make things easier!

No comments: