Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Andrew is Ready for School...

or the bus anyway!!

Since the boys wear uniforms, they have a pretty strict set of rules they have to follow with how they dress. They have to have a brown or black belt, they have to have shirts tucked in, etc.

This morning, as normal I helped Bryce and Isaac finish tucking in their shirts. They typically try and do a pretty good job of tucking in their shirts, but they usually miss part of the back.

As we were walking out the door to catch the bus, I noticed that Bryce's shirt (which was already a dirty shirt because he lost all but ONE shirt - I mean, NOT ME lost all but one shirt)was untucked. I asked why and he said he went potty. So I lean down, while holding on to AJ, and am tucking in his shirt. When the bus stopped in front of the house I let go of Andrew and quickly finished Bryce's shirt.

They have a great bus driver and aide. Very sweet ladies! They always talk to Andrew and ask if he wants to go with them. Today, he decided he did. By the time I caught up with him and got Bryce on the bus, Andrew was not only on the bus, but had climbed into a seat and was sitting on his bottom. The kids on the bus erupted in laughter, the bus driver and aide were laughing and Andrew (who is number 4 so ALWAYS wants attention) just hammed it up.

He came to me when I called him and was fine getting off, but he would have been fine to stay on the bus too. The kids on the bus always wave at Andrew (and he waves back) and yell how cute he is and bye to him. It definently gave the kids on the bus something to talk about and laugh about (hopefully they calmed down quickly - for the driver and aides sakes!!).

No comments: