Friday, October 24, 2008

First Drs Appointment

I went for my first appointment this morning. Andrew did awesome sitting in his stroller again! We were there about an hour and a half (they had to do all the paperwork and history, dr visit, blood work and met with insurance). The only time he cried is when I laid on the table to listen to the heartbeat. I guess he has never seen Mom on a table before! I held HIS hand and he stopped when he heard the heartbeat.

The heartbeat sounded great, but the dr thinks I might be further along than we thought. I am going in on the 10th to have a sonogram and find out for sure. Then she will do another one at 20 weeks to get the anatomy, measurements, etc.

When I went in for the blood work, the child who cried when I was on the table, laughed as they stuck the needle in my arm. Such a nice kid!!

I liked the dr. I was kind of concerned not really knowing what to expect. But the clinic was nice and the dr was great. I told her my history with the kids and inductions, etc. I asked her her opinion about inducing and told her my concern about how quickly Bryce came (he beat the induction process and it was 2 hours first contraction to delivered) and the fact that we are a good 35-40 minutes away (with no traffic) and have 4 other kids to settle when we go to the hospital. She said she is fine inducing, but can't do it until the 39th week unless their was a medical reason to deliver earlier than that (for example: poison ivy?). I am not ready to plan a deliver date, just want to know where she stands on it and what our options were when it came to that.

So, still no due date, but all seems healthy and good. As soon as I have a due date, I will pass it along.

No comments: