Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Being Lazy

This past weekend was a VERY busy weekend. We went and picked out new bedroom and dining room furniture and a new refrigerator. Lots of running around and on the go (an NO house projects :( ). Yesterday I had some more running around to do. Traffic was horrible (both ways home were barely moving), I finally got out of the traffic and got to my exit and there were police closing it off. To make a long story short, I ended up lost (NO idea how because I have gone that way before) with NO gas. This was my first time to have my light come on in my car. I had NO idea how much warning I got. My WONDERFUL navigation system got me out of it FINALLY and I was able to make it to a gas station. After ALL of that, I make it home to find out that for SOME reason we had no electricity. Andrew won't sleep without a fan and he was sleeping in the car, so he was up after a 20 minute nap! (The electicity finally came back about an hour after we got home - still have no idea why it was out)

So, today my plan is to be lazy. But, have you ever noticed that "being lazy" when you become a mother completely changes. Before motherhood, being lazy meant I did NOTHING all day - laid on the couch with a remote. Now, though, I am sitting here planning out my "lazy day". So, other than chasing around Andrew, doing laundry, paying bills and cleaning house - I am going to be lazy today!

I guess it is kind of like when a Mom says she is going to bed. That is a process. It is checking to make sure the doors are all locked, checking in on kids, changing out the laundry, making sure everything is ready for the following day, etc.

I guess being lazy means I am (going to try) not going anywhere today!

No comments: