Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bryce's PT Conference

This morning I had Bryce's parent teacher conference. He had LOTS of NI's (needs improvement) on his report card. His teacher said a lot of the things that he got the NI's on she thinks he really knows. I have to agree because one of the NI's was for recognizing the alphabet - which he has been able to do for YEARS!!

I have been wondering if he needs to see a dr because of his "activeness". I have not wanted to do anything until I saw his first report card and spoke with his teacher. His teacher has been teaching for a while and I knew she would be a better judge of if he was "normal" or too active. I asked her about it and she said he "absolutely does NOT" need to see a dr. She said he is "just REALLY boy" and it is normal.

She also said he has made a lot of improvement in both behavior and learning. When they are working at their desk he now sits and works. She said carpet time (aka circle time) is when he tends to get in trouble. I told her he has NEVER been able to do circle time. In MDO last year that is when he always got in trouble.

Yesterday he got on red for behavior (green, green, yellow, red - that is bad). She said she still gave him a smiley face on his conduct sheet that comes home because once he got put on red he immediately straightened up his behavior.

We still have a hard time getting him to sit at home and work on things. He just wants to run and play (which I can understand if he is actually working at school). We will keep working on the things that need improvement and do the best we can.

I am still very proud of him. He has come a long way this first nine weeks! If he will keep improving like this all year - things would be GREAT!

No comments: