Friday, October 17, 2008

Cravings and Other Differences

People have been asking a lot of this is like the other pregnancies, how I am feeling, etc. So, I thought I would address it.

I don't have "morning" sickness. It is sporadic nauseousness throughout the day. But nothing bad. I have been able to control it all on my own! I had nauseousness with Andrew too. With the past pregnancies Coke was the only thing that would really calm my stomach first thing in the morning. I cannot STAND Coke with this one. It makes me feel sick (which is probably a better thing). Decaf tea has done a good job of calming with this one.

I have never really had the pickle and ice cream strange cravings with any of the kids. My strangest cravings were with Caleb I wanted guacamole (I don't like guacamole) and he LOVES guacamole. With Andrew I craved raw potatoes. That was about it.

With this one, I have STRONG cravings. Again, nothing really weird, but in the past the cravings were normal cravings. I wanted it but it wasn't a nagging craving that I felt I had to have. This one is strong nagging cravings for usually pretty healthy foods. Like I have been craving squash a lot, and grapes. For a while I was craving chili a lot. The bowl of ice cream I typically have every night before bed, I don't want very often.

The smell of peanut butter does not go over well anymore either. This is not necessarily a good thing since two of the boys ONLY want peanut butter and jelly for lunch. And it is FIRST thing in the morning I have to have it out. :( I don't have a very good sniffer, so for it to be so strong is strange!

I am not jumping to conclusions about the differences and their meanings. I did that with Andrew. We all know how that turned out! I am just going to stick to my motto throughout the pregnancy and be happy with whichever we are blessed to have!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

WHAT, WHAT, WHAT???? Are you pregnant???