Saturday, October 11, 2008

Manly Man "I'm a Lumberjack" is Playing in my Head Right Now

Bryce did good at school yesterday - YAY!!!

Home....another story. And, unfortunately it has been ALL of the older three! They all spent the majority of today in their bedrooms (and it was SUCH gorgeous weather - partly sunny, awesome breeze).

This evening Daddy was out cutting down a couple of trees. We are trying to get the back of the property ready to have a fence put in. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) we have to take out some landscaping that will be in the way of where we want the back fence. These trees were small trees. When we moved in we honestly weren't sure if they were trees or bushes or weeds. When we had the guys come out to give us a quote for the fence, they told me what kind of trees they were and that they had horrible roots that would take over. That made up our minds for us as to whether to leave them or try to move them or get rid of them.

So, Daddy was out cutting down the trees with the chainsaw. After he cut them down he had to cut them up and put them in trashbags so they would be picked up. Daddy asked Bryce if he wanted to help. Bryce held the tree while Daddy cut off the branches. Then he went and got a couple of big landscaping bricks (very heavy) to use to cut up the trunk of the tree. Daddy would cut through a little more than half the trunk and then Bryce would jump on the trunk and break it (just because he wanted to be manly).

When we were picking up all the branches to put in the bags, Bryce had to show us that he could break each branch in half. He was feeling very big and strong by the end of the job! he even pulled the garbage bag over to the garage.

He did a great job helping Daddy (and unfortunately - I was too nervous with him around the chainsaw to actually get my camera and get pictures of it all!)

I will try and get some before and after pictures of what we have done with the landscaping. It is looking quite different! And this morning, when I looked out the back windows when I got up and saw the horses in the fog behind us, with a slight make-out of a barn - I thought I was in heaven. If I could just get the dogs off our patio so I can get some furniture back there - I may never come in the house (depending on how bad the mosquitos are)!!!

No comments: