Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Caleb's PT Conference

We had Caleb's parent teacher conference this afternoon. Another short conference. She said there really was not much to say. He is a great student, he listens, he pays attention and he is very involved in class. She said he gets very upset when he forgets something (like homework or to do something). She always trys to blow it off with him as no big deal because he gets so upset and really does so well anyway.

They have different levels of work within the classroom (I guess depending on what each student can handle). He is at the highest level, which means more work and harder work. That is a good thing for him!

She said she had absolutely no discipline issues with him. I told her I wish he listened as well at home as he does there (but as I always say - I would rather he behaves better in public than at home - if I have to choose).

She is checking in to why he has not been tested for the GT program yet. It takes a while to get scores back, so I don't think we will change his class this year - he can start it next year.

He had straight A's. A 95,94,99,94,94,and 99 on his report cards. He had his typical adjusting-to-a-new-year-new-teacher-new-place lower grades at the beginning of the year that brought his average down, but all of his recent work has been A's.

Good job Caleb. I am proud of how hard you work.

No comments: