Friday, October 10, 2008

Should I Feel Better?

In these shakey economic times when so many people have lost their life savings, their houses, many, their belongings, and when others who have money in stock are scared to sell because prices have dropped so bad but are scared to keep their money wrapped in it because prices have dropped so bad, am I supposed to be happy when I hear how much MORE Obama has spent on his campaign than McCain? How Obama is paying for several 30 minute spots on primetime tv the week before elections?

So, we - the people struggling are having to bail out greedy Wall Street, who all took care of themselves financially BEFORE going under - we are supposed to enjoy hearing about how the presidential candidates are spending MILLIONS to bad mouth each other. I would MUCH rather see that money go to helping with the bailout!

Apparently, Bryce is doing a mock election at school. He came home and said he was voting for McCain because "he has a mans voice and the other boy doesn't" and he "is not voting for a girl!" He can never remember Barak's name!

Obviously, they are not talking much about the vice presidents for him to know that McCain's is a girl. Sadly, that is how many people of voting age choose how THEY will vote for real.

This is, no doubt, the scariest election I have ever been a part of. I am concerned at the future of the economy and nation. Not only for me, but mainly for my CHILDREN! What kind of world are we leaving them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Meghan, Just a note from your most lovable preacher in the whole world. I am so very excited about the new baby news!! God is just blessing you so much! Of course I hope its a girl but God doesnt ALWAYS do things MY way! Dont ever forget how much I love you.......Bro Dan