Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring is Here!

The last couple of weeks it has been in the 70's every day. It is so nice - I just wish I had the energy to be outside enjoying it!! We have been opening the windows though, so I guess I can enjoy it that way.


The poor boys can't play in the yard yet, we are still waiting on the sod to root. We have had someone come out and do our first fertilizer treatment, so hopefully between that the sun and the rain - we should be good soon. We are spending the money on a years worth of yard service (fertilizer and weed treatments) to get the yard established and then we will take over the work - most likely. Paul is pretty good at doing everything - we just want to get it started on the right foot!!


I am afraid that because it warmed up so quickly (there is still a chance of freeze since it is only March - but I don't know that we will have one - winter seems gone!!), we have missed our chance to plant some trees. We would like to put two or three trees in the front yard - right now there is none! But, all of the trees have already budded, so we will probably have to wait until next year.


Isaac and Bryce were so funny. We have Bradford Pear trees EVERYWHERE around here. If you don't know what one looks like, here is a picture of one:
I guess Bryce is to the age where he is noticing more and definently asking more questions. On the way to take Isaac to school the other day - they were both convinced it was snowing. I explained that it wasn't and Isaac believed me, but Bryce took much more convincing. He said that because the tree was white - it meant it was snowing because trees are supposed to be green.
After much argueing and me TRYING to explain to a very stubborn 3 year old that not ALL trees were green - I think he finally believes me that it is not snowing. I even tried to ask why nothing else was white if it was snow. He said it was only snowing on the trees (thousands of trees - that is it!!).
I am glad it is spring finally - it makes me feel closer to having the baby!! At least now we are in the right season!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a picture. It is really hard for me to imagine fruit trees in bloom already. Well not really hard since we lived in Texas so long. I was excited because it was going to be 30 degrees tonight and thinking that meant spring was on it's way. Love, Mom

A Princess, five guys - then me!! said...

Well, I must be honest and say that I got that photo on the internet, I did not take it, but that is what the trees look like - the grass on the other hand - NOT green yet!!