Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mom Ears!!

Last night I actually would have slept well, except for BRYCE!! He was in bed next to me when he awoke me at 1:15, but he had been there for awhile because he was dead asleep (and kicking me!!) I climbed over him and went potty, then came back and took him to his bed.

Then, at 4:30 I woke up again (again being kicked by Bryce). He was back in my bed. I got up and went potty, but did not have the energy to take him to his bed. Instead I put a blanket on the floor and gave him a pillow and made him lay down there. Andrew was actually pretty calm over night -so Bryce took his place!

I am doing good getting up to put him back in his bed once - which usually means carrying him because he is too asleep to walk (although he manages to make it TO my room walking) - much less more than once!!! Last week, he woke me up in the middle of hte night when he was coming in here and told me that my room was too far away. I have to agree that in the middle of the night - their rooms seem a world away!!

This weekend Paul learned how much my super-hearing has grown! I have never slept well when he is gone, I wake up at every noise - and that was with their rooms right next to me. Saturday when we put the boys to bed, we went to our room and watched tv. I would hear their door or someone in the bathroom, Paul would not hear it. I had to explain that I had to adjust the super-hearing to catch noises across the house because I would need to hear if someone was breaking in, or someone got hurt etc. IT'S A MOM THING, I guess!

This, again, is why I went and bought to monitors! We did not use baby monitors with the other kids because we were always in a small enough place that we could hear the kids wherever we were. Not anymore. I can't even hear the ANNOYING bird screaming when I am in the kitchen (he is in Caleb's room). I LOVE that!! He may actually get to continue living here if I don't have to listen to him all the time!! I guess we will have to see if the baby can sleep through his screaming (his room is right next to Caleb's)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey super-mommy, you don't happen to know where my passport is? I'm sure that you don't but since somehow you knew where my purse was, I thought you might pull another miracle out of thin air! Love you. Lindsay