Thursday, March 15, 2007

Scared Baby

Have you ever seen a baby get startled? You know when they are sleeping soundly, and all of a sudden their eyes are wide open and their arms and legs kinda just flail into the air. Well, today Andrew did that!

We were sitting at a red light on our way to pick up Caleb from school, with the windows down enjoying the nice weather. A VERY loud motorcycle went by, and Andrew DID NOT like it. I could feel all of his arms and legs all over my belly at once and I instantly envisioned my above description!

He was really active for quite a while. He finally settled back down, but not for long. On the way home the exact same thing happened again. It is so funny because it has never happened before and then it happened twice within an hour. Unfortunately, it does not feel good to me and it takes him awhile to calm back down, but just envisioning what I know what was going on makes it worth it (I guess).

He has reacted to loud noises before, but never to this extent. It definently makes real the fact that there is a human inside me and he can hear what is going on out here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you rub your belly and talk to Andrew in a calm, soothing voice? Play quiet music and do the above and it will help calm him down.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Wow that is so amazing. Neither of my kids ever really reacted to loud noises while in the womb. I bet it kind of scared you a little huh? That is just truly amazing to know there is a living being just hanging out inside there huh???