Thursday, March 15, 2007

Single Mom - Again!

Our Sunday School class is having a baby shower for us during class on Sunday. Guess who is not going to be back in town for it! I talked to Paul and they are still having tanks burning, so it is still classified as an ER. There is no one in the office to take his place so he is stuck there until who knows when.

It is getting pretty frustrating really!!! I am five weeks away from having a baby, with three kids at home and I have not seen my husband and they have not seen their Daddy much in the last month! It is not like I even really get to talk to him. He calls me at the end of his 15+ hour day, but is usually so exhausted that I think our longest "conversation" has been 4.5 minutes (and as short as less than 2 minutes). To top it off, yesterday he stood in the rain for over 8 hours and ruined his new phone (apparantly phones don't like water - go figure).

Please don't get me wrong - I don't blame Paul. He does not want to travel as much or often as he does, and he doesn't want to be away from his family all the time, but he is working hard to take care of and provide for us. This hormonal, exhausted Mama just needs a break! The only thing keeping me going right now is that I know that if and when he ever gets home - he is home to stay until the baby comes (he better be anyway!!) and at least a while after.

No comments: