Thursday, March 01, 2007

Bryce's Song

Everytime this song would come on the radio, Bryce would get excited and say it is his song and then sing along with it. I listened to the words and the song is REALLY fitting for him! It is from the movie Curious George, and the song is from Jack Johnson.

Upside Down
Who's to say what's impossible?
Well they forgot this world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything

And as the surface breaks reflections fade
But in some ways they remain the same
And as my mind begins to spread its wings
There's no stopping curiosity

I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to mother nature's songs
I don't want this feeling to go away

Who's to say I can't do everything?
Well I can try, and as I roll along I begin to find
Things aren't always what they seem

This world keeps spinning
And there's no time to waste
Well it all keeps spinning spinning
Round and round and upside down

Who's to say what's impossible and can't be found?
I don't want this feeling to go away

Please don't go away
Please don't go away
Please don't go away

Is this how it's supposed to be?
Is this how it's supposed to be?

It is not that the other two are not curious, but Bryce takes it a step further. It is not enough to just ask and get an answer or read a book and get an answer. He has to search and find the answer and why it is the answer. Nothing stops his curiosity- not even answers!

I must admit, I don't always have the patience for his level of curiosity ( especially when he is curious about how far he can test me!!!) because he usually ends up getting into trouble. I am trying to be better at this and understand that he is trying to learn, but it is hard because when you try to explain or tell him, he argues!

I have to pray A LOT for patience and strength with life in general with 3 boys (and one on the way) but I have to pray for extra patience and strength with Bryce!! He DOES like to turn things upside down!!

No comments: