Thursday, March 15, 2007

"Magic" Crayons

Caleb gets magic crayons at school (art). For those of you who don't know what a magic crayon is, they take pieces of different crayons and melt them in muffin cups. They look like really colorful peanut butter cups!! Anyways, when you color with them you get lots of colors at once.

I will tell you the real reason they are magic crayons: (double-click the pictures to see)
































these were CLEAN when they came out of the washer!!

I have a whole load of laundry (about half of the boys pants!!) that "magically" turned very colorful while they were in the dryer!! These pictures do not do justice to the mess I found when I opened the dryer. Now, I can not dry anything until I get on my hands and knees and somehow with a very big belly - get a dryer scrubbed out - because not only did the clothes get magically colorful - so did the inside of the dryer!!

I opened Caleb's bedroom door and was holding these pairs of pants. "Oops, I forgot my magic crayon was in my pants!" He slowly says. "That is obvious - I hope you did not ruin the entire load of laundry!" I stayed very calm - mostly because I really felt like I was going to blow!!!

I don't know if I can save the clothes or not. They are soaking over night in the washer. What really sucks is that there were several brand new pairs of jeans in there!! I guess we will see!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time you at the store look in the laundry detergent aisle, near the bleach...I can't remember the name of the product...but there is a product that should remove the color caused by the crayon. Also try Mr. Clean eraser on the dryer. Try it cold first, if that is not working, heat the dryer a bit and then wipe the melted crayon out. I love you - Mom

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...I remember doing that when I was young -- more than once! Lindsay