Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blinds

Well, after four trips to Home Depot since Saturday - we finally have all of the blinds that we bought up. Paul really had all 8 sets up by Sunday, but the blinds in the dining room did not close, so they had to be exchanged. We went Sunday evening to exchange them - and we got there as they were closing the doors for the night.

I did not want to do in Monday after my drs appt because I did not want to carry these long, heavy blinds and try to deal with Bryce. So, Tuesday morning after I took Bryce to MDO, I took the blinds back to Home Depot. They were not going to let me exchange them because they were cut. I told them that the cut was not the problem, that the blinds would not close. They FINALLY said okay and a guy went back with me to cut them.

I told him the size and then asked him to just measure the blinds that I had brought back because they fit perfect. He measured them and started cutting. When he was done cutting he measured them again and boxed them up.

I got home and went to put the blinds up - they were over an inch to long!! I don't know what he was measuring, but he did a HORRIBLE job! So, this morning I went back - with Bryce - in the rain - to try again. This time they were done right. Of course, it took a woman to do it correctly!!

She asked if I gave them correct measurement and I explained that I had and also had him measure the blinds I brought back and told him to cut them the same length. She asked if it was THIS Home Depot and I told her it was. She seemed shocked! About the time she finished it started POURING!! This nice woman even carried the blinds to the car in the rain (I moved the car to the door for her). When I started to get out to open the back she told me to get back in the car - she wasn't allergic to rain (neither am I, I should add), but I got back in.

The moral of the story - if you want something done right, do it yourself. If you can't do it yourself - at least have another woman do it for you!!!

No comments: