Friday, June 23, 2006

Tadpole Update

Well, somehow the tadpoles made it through the night!! I got up this morning and the boys were sitting in chairs around the tadpole home. As soon as I walked in, Caleb told me that they were still swimming and he had named them. WHAT DID I SAY??? I knew he would have them named today!! Little Junior and Big Junior. I told him he needed to work on the names. He said they were Little Spencer Junior and Big Spencer Junior - just like him (his middle name is Spencer for those of you who don't know that!).

I am not sure which is Little and which is Big. They are the same size and look exactly alike. The only way you can tell them apart is that one seems shy and one seems friendly. One is always hiding and the other one is always right at the side of the tank so you can see his big buggy eyes.

Caleb got onto me this morning because I put black gravel in the tank. He said the tadpoles were black so they were hard to see. I told him the tadpoles were not black, they were more clear so they blend into everything. I also told him I was not expecting to have to house tadpoles last night, so I did the best I could with what was available here at the house. He is now thinking that we are going to head to the pet store tonight - which we aren't!

If they are still alive and well when Paul comes back into town (he went to Houston on Wednesday for an ER), then he and Caleb can figure things out! This is not my cup of tea!!! I am pretty proud that I kept them alive one night! I was worried about taking them from such nasty water to such clean water - such a big difference so quick is not usually good on fish - so I am doing the best I can!!!

No comments: