Sunday, June 04, 2006

Another Year Down

Well, Caleb finished the first grade last week. He is now a second grader (insert red puffy eyes and waterfalls of tears here)! He brought home his last report card on Friday. His final grades: Math 97, Reading 98 and Spelling 100 (his report card has looked like that all year - no surprise).

He got his IOWA test scores back last week too. It was kinda funny looking at them because he is well above average on everything except a couple of things. He was at least consistent in what he did the worse on. Everything that he did average on had something to do with listening! Makes me feel better, I guess. At least I know it is not just me he does not listen too!

Caleb, I am very proud of how well you did this past year in school. You are such a smart young man and I know that you will go far! I can't wait to see what you become, but at the same time, I hate seeing you grow so fast. I hope that you always have the excitement for school that you have now. I know sometimes it is challanging and sometimes it is boring, but you always seem to find a way through it. You amaze me with the knowledge you retain and how quickly you pick things up. You just keep working at your pace and don't worry about getting too far ahead. Daddy and I (mostly Daddy I am afraid) will help you learn what school is not ready for you to learn, although you do still have to do what school is doing, even if you already know how!

I loved listening to the excitement in your voice at dinner tonight when you were talking to Isaac about him starting school (even though we are a year away from that). You were being so sweet to him explaining that you would be at the same school and that Daddy could drop ya'll off together and you would take him to his class and watch over him. You also told him that maybe sometimes ya'll would be on the same playground and he could play with you, even though you would be in the third grade and he would only be a kindergardener. I know you get annoyed being the older brother sometimes, but I think when it really counts you will be a great brother!

I love you and am very proud of who you are and who you are becoming. Always believe in yourself and stand up for what you believe in, even if no one else is or agrees with what you are standing up for. Keep growing in Christ, as you are doing so well lately. He will carry you through everything, if you will just trust him, and follow him.

No comments: