Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bryce's New Phase

Bryce has started a new phase (many new phases really, in addition to all of the old ones!) It seems that the good phases go fast and we just add and add to the ones we would like to rush through.

He has started with the "Daddy, you are my best friend" stage. This continues until Daddy gets on to him for something or does not give him his way. Then you can hear him running to Mommy and saying "Daddy is not my friend anymore, Mommy is my best friend." We never REALLY know who is his friend at the moment!

Today when he got up from his nap, he came in and got in my bed (where, yes, I was napping too). He was laying on his stomach with his feet crossed at the ankle swinging his feet up and down. He was propped up on his elbows with his hands cupped around his chin. I love it when he lays like that, making different faces. He says "Mommy?" "Yes?" "Mommy, you are my best friend." "Thank you sweetie, that is so sweet." He smiles his innocent, sweet smile. "Now can you get me a drink?" He ask with the same sweet innocent smile. Boy does he know how to manipulate!!

No comments: