Monday, June 26, 2006

Parental Reading Scale - CEQ

Well, I have a book to rate with my reading scale!!

The book is 801 Questions Kids Ask About God. It is a book from Focus On The Family, and I think it is a great book. It has common questions about everything ranging from creation to praying, to heaven, to angels, death, money, friends and school, right and wrong, our world, and of course, God and the Bible!

I was so excited when I got this book because Caleb has always asked a lot of questions about these topics.

Well....Caleb was asking a question about angels yesterday. I got the book out and answered his question and all the other questions that came from the first one. When we were done I put it up and went about my daily routine. A little while later, Caleb came out of his room with more questions. I answered them the best I could, and then went to get the book for help.

The book was gone!

I am looking for it, knowing I had put it away. I looked in Caleb's room just to make sure I had not left it there by accident. It was there! Apparantly he had gone and gotten it after we had looked at it. He was reading it like a regular book. Well, through reading the questions and the answers and the scripture about it - IT EVOKED MORE QUESTIONS!!! Questions that were not answered in the book of course!!

So...I recommend the book to EVERYONE - it is great....ust don't let your child sit down and read it like a regular book!!!!

No comments: