Saturday, June 24, 2006

I Am So Weak!

I cleaned the boys bedrooms last week after the birthday party, because the rooms were messy from all of the kids. I did not mind that, and I did not ask, tell or expect the kids, mine or the ones that came to the party, to clean it. However, the clean room only lasted one day - if that. It is like Bryce does not know what to play with, so he gets everything out at once.

I have been asking, threatening, begging, pleading, etc with Isaac and Bryce all week to get the room cleaned up, but cannot get anyone to get it done. I finally, after a week, gave up and cleaned the room myself. I know this is bad, and the kids will learn that if they let the mess - that is not bothering them anyway - sit long enough or get bad enough, Mom will take care of it. Because of things that have happened in the past - which we will leave unmentioned - I have always been adament about the kids learning to clean up after themselves. But I failed today!! I gave up and cleaned it! I am such a failure of a mother and might need counseling for it now!!

This family is a pretty stubborn family!! I know none of ya'll have noticed!! Well, Paul and I go back and forth about which side of the family this stubborness comes from, but hey lets face it - be honest - THE KIDS DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE!! We are both very stubborn and it seems that the line of stubborness goes way back on all sides of the family. THAT IS RIGHT - ALL OF THE FAMILIES!!!

Well, I say that just to point out that while I normally would be just as stubborn about NOT giving into the kids and cleaning up after them as they are stubborn about NOT cleaning up after themselves. But, unfortunately, the last couple of nights, I am the one that keeps injuring myself in the room, not them. There little feet are better about falling between toys than my size 9 1/2 foot is. I think Bryce has fallen or stepped on something once or twice, but after a few screams, he is over it and does not care to clean the room to keep it from happening again.

I vow to do better about not giving in to the kids....
until the next time I give in!! :)

Don't even ask us to change the stubborness - it is just in the genes - too late to do anything about that!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you and your siblings are stubborn, I certainly know that I am not near as stubborn as all of the rest of the family put together...it must come from your father.....