Thursday, June 29, 2006

More Adventures of the 3 Year Old Fireman

Bryce and I were on our way home from the store this morning. There is a empty field around the corner from our house. As we turned on to the road that the field is on, Bryce saw two firetrucks at the field. He asked if we could stop and I said no. As we passed though, the firemen start waving us down.

I pulled into the field and one of the firemen came over and asked if we had a few minutes. They told us that they were waiting on a med-flight helicopter to come and wanted Bryce to see it. I said sure and moved the car so that it did not get hit by flying rocks.

They were actually there for a daycare, so he visited with his buddies for a few minutes and then we went and stood out of the way (I worked at this daycare for a few months, so I knew a lot of the people out there).

So we stuck around for a while and watched. The helicopter finally came and landed and Bryce was so excited! I told Bryce he had to wait until the daycare was done looking before we could go look. One of the firemen came and got him though and took him over to it. At this point I am kicking myself because I did not have my camera. I should have learned by now that I need to keep a camera with me at all times because I never know when we are going to run into them. I used the camera on my phone (but I have to figure out how to upload them).

Bryce spent quite a bit of time on the helicopters and with the firemen. He asked if he could go for a ride in it and they acted like they wanted to take him, but we had to go and the daycare was still looking. We left and went home to get some stuff we needed to take to Daddy. On the way to Daddy's office, we stopped back by with the camera and got some pictures with it.

What an exciting morning. I cannot believe how spoiled they have him, and they spoil him more and more every time he sees them. I told them that after the birthday party we went grocery shopping and Bryce HAD to buy dog treats for Sparky. They thought that was GREAT. They said they would make sure that Sparky ate them all and they would try to get pics of Sparky eating them. POOR SPARKY!! Let's see if Bryce is spoiled so bad that "Sparky" eats dog treats!??

No comments: