Thursday, June 08, 2006

So Proud of Isaac

Isaac is still in school, and will be until the end of June. I am so glad he likes going. He has really enjoyed it, but I was afraid that with Caleb home this week, he would also want to be home. Especially yesterday after the fire station visit. I knew the other two would not be quiet about it! But, he listened to their stories, asked questions and that was the end of it. He did the same thing Tuesday when we had some friends come over.

I think at some point this weekend I am going to have to take him somewhere just the two of us. Maybe we will go to the zoo or something for a little while.

Caleb will not be home the rest of the summer (until a couple of weeks before school starts). He is going to the Boys Club, and he is really excited about it. He is not easy to keep entertained, as not many 7 year olds are. Already he complains about being bored. I can give him 100 different ideas of things to do, but they are all "boring" as well. The sad part is that he has only been home for 3 days and Tuesday he had his girlfriend over and we were gone for several hours and yesterday we were gone almost all day, and he had company with him all day. I am so glad he talked me into letting him go to the club!!

Anyways, I am just really proud of how Isaac is handling being the only one going to school! I am just proud of him all around. He has come so far in the last year in every aspect. He has another year before he starts Kindergarten, and if he keeps up the way he has been, I really think he will be ready! He is already REALLY excited about starting Kindergarten. Caleb has really built it up to be the greatest thing on Earth. Of course, to Caleb school is one of the greatest things on Earth.

I was talking with his occupational therapist on Tuesday morning and I was telling her how Isaac keeps talking about how much he has missed her (he did not see her for the last couple of weeks). We got to talking about how far he has come since she started seeing him towards the end of last year (I think he started OT in September). I think just BEING at preschool has done the most help for him. He is not learning a lot as far as "book knowledge" but when I started him I and his therapist were most interested in the peer education. He has picked up a lot just being around the other kids and seeing them and the way they interact.

No comments: