Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thanks for the Help!!

We just want to thank Papa and Marmar for all their help the last couple of weeks. Papa came down the week the boys were on Spring Break. They had such a great Spring Break, especially compared to what they would have been doing if they were home alone with me! Papa took them on 3 or 4 walks around the neighborhood everyday, took them to the park everyday and played outside with them in between walks and parks. I was able to do very little the week before Mady came thanks to him.

Marmar came in last Saturday morning. We planned on spending Sunday going over the boys routines and school, bus, homework schedules. We are glad she came Saturday and not Sunday! We had no idea that we would end up waking up late Saturday night in labor!

They did an awesome job taking care of the kids, even after we came home. I was able to nap when I felt I needed to and did little to no housework. It was nice to be able to spend some time recovering and getting to know our new Princess and definently helped with the adjustment period with the boys. They were able to get lots of attention.

Andrew will be knocked back into reality this week, I am afraid. I am still not feeling 100%, so he is going to go from being outside all day with one on one attention from Papa and Marmar to being stuck in the house most of the day, with Mom and Madeleine, until Daddy gets home from work. Thank goodness it is a four day week for Daddy!

Friday evening, Emily came to visit. She got here late Friday and went home early today. I am so glad to have gotten to see her, although I am afraid it was probably the most boring visit ever! I was in and out of sleep on the couch most of yesterday. Not great company for sure. Thanks for your help while you were here, though Em....we really enjoyed seeing you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was truly our pleasure!! We don't get to see you guys near enough. When the older boys got home yesterday Papa took all 5 kids to the park and went out in his kayak. I have started calling him 'Pied Piper'! Love you guys, Marmar