Sunday, April 19, 2009

Labor

Last night, I went to bed feeling fine. I got up at about 11:30 to go to the bathroom and my water broke. I got in the shower and Paul realized I was gone and came to check on me. I frequently take showers in the middle of the night when my back is hurting. He asked if I was okay and I told him my water broke.

"WHAT?"
"My water broke"
"It did not....are you serious?"
"yes"
"What do we do?"
"I don't know, we have always been at the hospital well before this!"

I told him to take a shower and get ready and I called the dr. I was not having any contractions at this point.

Within an hour I had had a few contractions that were about 3 minutes apart. I had not heard back from the dr yet, so we decided to just head to the hospital. I did not want to lose my window of oppurtunity for an epidural and the only thing I had to go by was Bryce's delivery.

I went to tell Mom and Dad a few things about the kids and school. Mom was kicking me out the door. The weather was HORRIBLE on the way. I had to keep telling Paul to slow down and that we were fine. I had PLENTY of time when we got to the hospital.

The drs and nurses just loved the story of four boys and finally getting a girl. I told the dr if she came out a he to go find me a she before she gave me the baby!

She ended up having to be delivered with the help of forceps (that makes three of five babies). She was serious about the not liking lights!! It became the joke after we told the nurses and drs how she reacted to sun and flashlights on the belly! Luckily, though, there seems to be no bruises from the forceps :)

She still will not open her eyes if there are lights on. She has not left us since we delivered her this morning. They come to her if they need anything. I am sure tomorrow they will take her for hearing test, etc., but we were told Paul could go with her.

No comments: